The steps you can take to achieve a faster tattoo removal.
While technology is by far the most important component when considering tattoo removal, many don’t take notice of the role their health plays in determining how effective each treatment can be. Most somewhat understand the role of the immune system in clearing away ink particles, however the steps that can be taken to aid this process often go overlooked.
At our Campbelltown laser tattoo removal clinic, we are proud to be operating Sydney’s first Quanta Q-Plus C Evo, and we aim to please our clients by removing their tattoos as soon as we can. This post has been put together to educate clients on ways they can contribute to an even faster tattoo removal, after they get up from the treatment chair. To do this, clients need to understand their lymphatic system.
The lymphatic system is made up of the thymus and other glands, lymph nodes, the spleen and the tonsils. It carries the body’s waste (including tattoo ink) away from the tissues to the blood, where the liver and kidneys filter it. The following are steps you can take to improve lymph flow:
- Drink plenty of water. Without enough water, lymph fluid won’t flow properly. To help ensure your cells readily absorb the water, add some fresh lemon juice.
- Exercise. Activity aids lymphatic flow. If you can’t find the time for aerobic exercise, try some simple stretches, which can also work well.
- No more soft drink, coloured sports drinks or fruit “juices” that are more sugar than fruit. These sugar beverages add to the already overflowing workload your lymphatic system must handle.
- Eat raw fruit and green vegetables. The enzymes and acids in most fruits are strong lymph cleansers. Eat them on an empty stomach for best digestion and maximum cleansing benefits. Most fruits are digested in approximately 30 minutes and quickly help you feel better. Eat a lot of green vegetables to get adequate chlorophyll to help purify your blood and lymph.
- Eat raw, unsalted nuts and seeds to power up your lymph with adequate fatty acids. Choose from walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamias, Brazil nuts, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Alternate hot and cold showers for several minutes. The heat dilates the blood vessels and the cold causes them to contract. Please note: this type of therapy should be avoided if you have a heart or blood pressure condition or during pregnancy.
- Breathe deeply. Our bodies have three times more lymph fluid than blood, yet no organ to pump it. Your lymph system relies on the pumping action of deep breathing to help it transport toxins into the blood before your liver detoxifies them.
- Use an ice pack on your treated tattoo. The more your body concentrates on fighting swelling after a removal session, the less time it can focus on clearing away ink. This is of particular importance in the first 24-72 hours post treatment.
- Get a gentle massage. Studies show a gentle massage can push up to 78 percent of stagnant lymph back into circulation. Massage frees trapped toxins. You can also try a lymph drainage massage. It is a special form of massage that specifically targets lymph flow in the body. Whatever type of massage you choose, make sure it is gentle. Too much pressure may feel good on the muscles, but doesn’t have the same lymph-stimulating effects.
- Cease smoking. Smoking plays a very large part in how efficiently the body works to remove ink particles. Just as it increases risks to health, it limits the bodies immune system. While some may be young enough to not notice it as an issue, it can result in an extended and more costly tattoo removal experience. If you don’t feel you can completely stop, a good tip is to at least cut down, and try and work some exercise into your weekly schedule.
Since discussing these techniques with our clients, some have already stated noticeably improved results! By implementing these steps we hope you too can achieve a faster tattoo removal.Extinkt Tattoo Removal Specialists are committed to maintaining our position as a leading provider of laser tattoo removal in Sydney. Head over to our Facebook page to keep up to date with our activity.
Contact us to arrange your free consultation and begin your journey back to the clean skin you’ve been longing for.